Coffee Mud Mask

Coffee Mud Mask

Mud mask were a huge part of my life growing, my mom, grandma and most of the women in my family loved them. I was never allowed to wear them as much as my mom , but when I became a teen I can remember sneaking to my friend’s house and applying loads of the stuff on my face. I never knew why it was so important to put mud on your face, but the tingle was always the best part to me. Buying tubes of mud can get pretty expensive. Let’s not forget you can go months without using it, and it usually dries up in the bottle by the time you would like to use it again.  Coffee Mud Mask Coffee Mud Mask Coffee Mud Mask

Mud mask have lots of skin loving benefits; I love the fact that mud mask tighten the skin, helps with inflammation and if your pores drives you crazy like mine. Mud mask will definitely become your face new best friend.  The key to a good mask is the clay. There are all sorts of clays on the market, but if you’re new to making mud mask I suggest you start with bentonite clay it’s cheap, easy to find and works wonders. If you would like to know what type of bentonite clay I use I talk a lot about it HERE. I love a coffee mud mask because you get all the benefits of the clay and coffee grounds revitalize the skin and also get rid of dead skin. Just think of a coffee mud mask as a low cost facial scrub with all the benefits…

Coffee Mud Mask

Coffee Mud Mask Recipe:
4 tbsps. bentonite clay
2 tbsps. coffee grounds
2- 5 tbsps. apple cider vinegar (can be substituted for water)
Recipe Directions: In a small bowl add clay, coffee grounds and mix until incorporated, add 1-2 tbsps. apple cider vinegar to mixture and mix, if the mixture is to thick and more vinegar until it thins out. Smear over face in a circular motion and let it set for 5-10 minutes or until the mask hardens. Rinse mud from face and add a light layer of lotion to face, to prevent drying.

Comments

• Shundara@Savynaturalista says

Lol depending on the coffee they can smell lovely and some can smell rancid :)

1. Kim says

Can you use unbrewed coffee grounds, or should it specifically be used grounds? I like the idea of full-strength caffeine working its magic, but don’t want hyper skin… lol

• Shundara@Savynaturalista says

Lol you can use either one! I have made this mask with french vanilla unbrewed coffee grounds, and all I smelled was vanilla while the mask was on my face!! :)

2. niki says

ohhh, thank You Shundara for this epic recipe
    and while reading it i was thinking cocoa powder
    going to experiment With that :)
    have a great weekend <3

love

3. rika@vm says

What an amazing DIY mud mask recipe…you are a genius, Shundara! I can imagine the lovely coffee smell….and I want to put this on my face first thing in the morning…haha!

• Shundara@Savynaturalista says

Depending on how long it’s been in your cabinet it can produce a strong smell. If your now a fan of apple cider vinegar you can substitute it for water..

4. Sherry says

I am very interested in trying your concoction! Just wondering how you store it – does it need to be refrigerated or can it be stored at room temp?
    Also, how long can you store it?

Thanks!

• Shundara@Savynaturalista says

Once you have applied the mask to your face you may not have any left, but if you do have you can store it air tight container at room temperature for a few days and then put it in the fridge. Make sure the air does not hit it or it will dry out the clay.

Trackbacks