Coffee Salt Scrub

Coffee Salt Scrub Looking at spa website’s make my back ache (in need of a good rub), especially when you’re supposed to be writing a recipe not looking at spa treatments you can’t afford. My favorite thing to do is look at spa websites, something about them are so calming and soothing.  Coffee Salt Scrub Coffee Salt Scrub
Being pampered is a dream come true for almost everyone, but at a spa it can be so expensive so let’s just turn are bath tubs into mini spa’s from time to time. Having a little me time is so important even if it’s just five minutes. No matter where in the world you are, take some time for yourself to smell some essential oils and just breathe. I can hear you saying “that’s not possible” so next time you’re in the shower or tub, stay a few extra minutes to smell your soap ( make sure it smells good) and just breathe.  Coffee Salt Scrub Coffee Salt Scrub

Salt scrubs are defiantly a luxury at a spa and can cost a pretty penny especially when coffee grounds are involved. The Great thing about most spa scrubs you can make them at home; they will cost a fraction of what you would have spent on a jar of scrub online or at a spa. Coffee Salt Scrub

Coffee Salt Scrub Recipe:
1 ½ cup coarse sea salt
1 cup coffee grounds (dried)
1 cup oil (I used coconut)
5-15 drops of essential oils (I used lemon)

Recipe Directions: In a large bowl add coarse sea salt and coffee grounds and stir; place oil and essential oils into bowl and stir.  Store in air tight jar and use for those days when you need to need a good scrubbing.

Coffee Salt Scrub

Comments

1. Cheryl says

Gorgeous! I bet it smells awesome, too. Isn’t ground coffee one of the best smells ever? I bet it’d go well with a vanilla/almond essential oil!

2. kara says

So the coffee grounds have been used and dried or are they straight from the coffee can? If they are used and dried will they be susceptible to bacteria growth contaminating the scrub is left too long before using? Sounds like a great scrub. I’ve seen several out there, but this one is different and would love to try it.

• Shundara@Savynaturalista says

They are used coffee grounds, I have never had an issue with bacteria growth in my coffee grounds.. I usually keep them in the freezer and when it’s time to use I bake them in the oven to dry them out. I still have some of the scrub left and it has not went bad yet..

3. rika@vm says

Brilliant idea – coffee/salt scrub? Which brand did you use for the ground coffee? I heard it’s great for dark hair :) to make it soft and shiny.

4. Sheika says

I’ve used this for the longest now and I love, love, love, this stuff!!! I keep mine in a sealed container and my teen girls and I go through batches of it. The only con was I tried to detox off coffee for a time due to a challenge I was on and had the hardest time because I was using this and it smelled soooooo good! LOL

• Shundara@Savynaturalista says

It must have been difficult using this scrub and sticking to your challenge, I am happy you and your girls enjoyed it :)

• Shundara@Savynaturalista says

you can use either one you prefer. I would not consider one better then the other they have very different benefits.

Trackbacks